Kenneth D. Quat
Attorney Quat’s law practice is focused on asserting and vindicating the rights of consumers, debtors, small businesspeople, and injured persons. In addition to representing individuals, Mr. Quat has handled a number of significant class action cases. The matters he handles include:
- Unfair and deceptive business practices
- Tenant rights
- Unlawful insurance practices
- Debt collection abuses
- Credit reporting errors and identity theft
- Deceptive advertising and marketing of foods, beverages, drugs, tools, and other products
- Predatory, discriminatory, and other unlawful lending practices
- Breach of warranty
- Wrongful foreclosure or repossession
- Injuries caused by dangerous or defective products.
Attorney Quat has represented clients in appeals before the:
- Massachusetts Appeals Court
- Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- California Court of Appeals.
Notable reported decisions in which Mr. Quat was attorney of record include:
- Golchin v. Liberty Mutual Ins. Co., 460 Mass. 222 (2011)
- Golchin v. Liberty Mutual Ins. Co., 466 Mass. 156 (2013)
- Kwaak v. Pfizer, Inc., 379 F.Supp.2d 161, aff’d.424 F.3d 43 (1st Cir. 2005)(per curiam)
- Intech v. Triple “C” Marine Salvage, Inc., 444 Mass. 122 (2005);
- DirecTV v. Deskin, 363 F.Supp.2d 254 (D. Conn. 2005)
- Cromwell v. Countrywide Home Loans, Inc., 483 B.R. 36 (D. Mass. 2012)
- In Re Coutts, 263 B.R. 394 (2001)
- Morris v. Redwood Empire Bancorp, 27 Cal.Rptr.3d 797 (Cal.App. 4th 2005).
Attorney Quat has practiced law since 1979. He is admitted to the bars of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the following federal courts:
- U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, Connecticut
- U.S. District Court, Vermont
- First Circuit Court of Appeals.
Attorney Quat has also been admitted to practice in the following jurisdictions for purposes of particular cases:
- U.S. District Court, New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court, Rhode Island
- State of California.
Attorney Quat has been a speaker and has presented papers at consumer law seminars and conferences, and is a long-standing member of the National Association of Consumer Advocates (NACA) and the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA). He is a recipient of the Martindale-Hubbell “Client Distinction Award.”
Member, National Association of Consumer Advocates
Member, National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
Martindale-Hubbell Client Distinction Award*
* Martindale-Hubbell Client Review Rated Lawyer 4.8 out of 5 as of 10/11/10.
You can contact Attorney Quat by phone or e-mail (see below).